Use notes with video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVXx9V9-lMQ
The Foundation text for this study is Isaiah 26:3 KJV. You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you.
Isaiah 26:3 AMP “You will keep in [a]perfect and constant peace the one whose mind is steadfast [that is, committed and focused on You—in both [b]inclination and character],
Because he trusts and takes refuge in You [with hope and confident expectation].
What disturbs our peace?
• What you cannot control
• A truth you are wrestling with accepting
• Works of the flesh produces anxiety
• Thinking up scenarios of why something did or did not happen will exhaust you
• What if questions or statements
• Lack of trust, Strife
• Strife and disagreements
• Fellowshipping with your problems and not with the Lord
• Not knowing who you are
• Being a perfectionist (be excellent, not striving for perfection)
• Filling your mind with the rejection does not serve you.
• Laboring over why things that do not matter do not serve you.
• Pursuing friendships that only see you as a babysitter or an ATM does not serve you.
What is peace?
• It is a fruit of the spirit Gal 5:22 AMP But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
• It is a shield from worry
• Knowing who you are
Peace also describes as your identity in Christ I am the righteousness of God 2 Corinthians 5:21
Meditation for Peace
Think on; I am loved John 16:27 for the Father Himself [tenderly] loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from the Father
But Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.”
15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion for the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! 16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.
Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings.
Hebrews 8:12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Think about this…
No matter what circumstances I am in, I know it ends with the thoughts of has for me from the beginning. I don’t control when I get to the end; I don’t know the length, I won’t know the score, but I know I will win.